MULTI DEVICE PROTECTION PROGRAM
SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration for the Service Contract Fee You pay, this Service Contract covers Your Product(s) described on Your Declarations Page or on Your Product Profile. This Service Contract includes the Declarations Page, Terms and Conditions, and Your Product Profile.
THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IS INCLUSIVE OF THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY; IT DOES NOT REPLACE THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY, BUT PROVIDES CERTAIN ADDITIONAL BENEFITS DURING AND BEYOND THE TERM OF THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY. LOSSES COVERED BY THE MANUFACTURER DURING THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PERIOD ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS SERVICE CONTRACT.
“You/Your” means the Service Contract Holder of the Product.
“Service Contract Provider/We/Us/Our” means the entity that is contractually obligated to You under the terms of this Service Contract. The Service Contract Provider is Assurant Services of Puerto Rico, Inc. (ASPRI) with address at Torre Chardón, 350 Carlos Chardón Ave., Suite 1101, San Juan PR 00918.
“Service Contract ” is the entity that sold this Service Contract to You.
“Service Contract” means this Service Contract, which You have purchased to cover the Product(s) chosen by You and described on the Declarations Page or on Your Product Profile.
“Service Contract Fee” means the recurrent payment amount required from You for coverage to remain effective under this Service Contract, as provided on the Declarations Page.
“Product” means the Electronic Device(s) that You have chosen for coverage under this Service Contract.
“Electronic Device” means a tablet, laptop, TV, game console, DVD, Blue-Ray, E-reader or a similar Electronic Device authorized by Us.
“Product Profile” means the personal user account with Us that details the Electronic Device(s) You have chosen for coverage as Your Product(s) under this Service Contract. At Your option, You will be able to access Your personal user account through the website [ ] or by contacting Us by telephone at .
“Accidental Damage” means an unexpected and unintentional external event that results in repairable or unrepairable physical damage to the Product, including spilled liquids. The damage shall not be foreseeable and shall be beyond Your control or the control of anyone You entrusted with the Product.
“Acts of God” means an accident or event resulting from natural causes, without human intervention or agency, and one that could not have been prevented by reasonable foresight or care including, without limitation, floods, hail, lightning, earthquakes, or storms.
“Mechanical & Electrical breakdown” means the failure of the Product due to a hardware part malfunction caused by a defect in materials or labor when operated according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Mechanical and electrical breakdown does not include standard accessories provided with the original Product purchase.
- This Service Contract will take effect and will continue in force while You pay the corresponding Service Contract Fee and until cancelled by either You or Us as provided in the “Cancellation” section.
- You must notify the Service Contract Provider in writing if Your address changes.
- In order for You to be eligible to receive coverage and be able to file a claim under this Service Contract, You must at all times maintain an active subscriber service account with the Service Contract Retailer and, regarding Your subscriber service account, You cannot have had your services suspended or disconnected by the Service Contract Retailer for nonpayment.
- For elegibility purposes only, all Products must have been purchased no more than three (3) years prior to the date You choose to include it as a covered Product under this Service Contract.
- Coverage shall only be extended to Products listed in Your Declarations Page or in the Product Profile as long as You continue paying Your Service Contract fee. The total number of Product(s) may not exceed the maximum Electronic Device(s) allowed under this Service Contract as provided on Your Declarations Page.
- The Product Profile is an integral part of this Service Contract, along with the Declarations Page and Terms and Conditions. It enables You to add or change any eligible Electronic Device You choose to include as a covered Product under this Service Contract.
- At Your option, You may access Your Product Profile either through the website or by contacting Us by telephone at .
- Anytime You add or change an eligible Product(s) under this Service Contract, a copy of Your enrolled Product(s) as reflected in Your Product Profile will be sent for Your records.
- This is a monthly automatic renewal Service Contract.
- Coverage under this Service Contract will take effect and will continue effective for Your Product(s) while You make the payment of the Service Contract Fee on or before the date the payment is due.
- This Service Contract will continue in force until cancelled by either You or Us as provided on the “Cancellation” section.
Device Protection, Maintenance and Inspections:
- If damage or breakdown of the Electronic Device is suspected, You should discontinue to use the Product and promptly take all reasonable precautions required in order to protect against further damage.
- You must perform all of the care, maintenance and inspections for the Electronic Device as indicated by the manufacturer. Proof of the completion of such maintenance, care and/or inspection services may be required at time of filing of a claim.
WHAT IS COVERED:
MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN & ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE COVERAGE: This Service Contract provides repair or replacement coverage for Your Product should it fail due to a defect in materials or labor including accidental damage (such as drops, liquid spills, and cracks). Should We repair Your Product, We will restore its hardware and preloaded manufacturer’s software functionality to the manufacturer’s written specifications.
POWER SURGE COVERAGE: This Service Contract also provides repair or replacement coverage for Your Product if the failure results from a power surge while they are plugged into a properly installed and functioning Underwriter’s Laboratory approved surge protector. We may require You to send Your surge protector to Us for examination.
We may choose to replace Your failed or damaged Product with a like kind and quality replacement product or settlement because either:
- We are unable to repair Your Product; or
- The repair cost exceeds the current retail replacement value of Your Product.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO FILE A CLAIM:
- Call Us at the toll-free number with Your Service Contract number readily available.
- Explain the problem Your Electronic Device is experiencing and provide Us with any additional information/documentation We may need to validate and authorize Your claim.
- After confirmation of claim eligibility under this Service Contract, We will issue a claim authorization number to You along with additional information regarding how Your Electronic Device will be further serviced. Write down and keep Your claim authorization number in a safe place that is easily accessible in case it is ever needed for future reference.
- We shall process Your payment of the required claim deductible. Your applicable deductible amount is shown on Your Declarations Page.
The level of technical service provided under this Service Contract is specific to Your Product’s hardware and preloaded manufacturer’s software at time of purchase; it does not support customized or proprietary software, software/hardware training, or how to install software/applications on Your Product.
We shall process a non-refundable deductible amount specified on Your Declarations Page, per claim, for covered services under this Service Contract; which You must pay at the time services are authorized by Us.
You must contact Us to receive repair authorization prior to service. Once We confirm the Product’s failure or damage, We will setup service with an authorized servicer / repair center of Our choosing and under one of the repair options below that We choose based on Your location and the Product(s)´s category.
- In-home/on-site service, We will repair Your Product at the Product’s location (within Puerto Rico). It is important that You keep in mind the following:
- An adult (of legal age) must at all times be present at the time of repair;
- The Product to be serviced must be readily accessible to the technician, as determined by Us. The technician will not remove or replace any structure, trim, mount, door, flooring, permanently affixed plumbing or piping, or external control system;
- The Product’s removal also must not require either more than one person for safe removal nor special tools or equipment.
- Depot service, We will provide You either a pre-paid mailing label or box with a mailing label for You to return Your failed Product for repair. Once repaired, We will ship the Product to You.
- Carry-in service, repairs will be performed at an authorized service / repair provider of Our choosing. You will be responsible for transporting Your Product to / from the service / repair center and any costs related to travel or shipments will be at Your expense.
In-Home/On-Site Service will be provided during regular business hours, local time, Monday through Friday (except holidays). Should We determine during the repair visit that We need to repair Your Product elsewhere, We will transport Your Product to and from Our repair center.
We will not repair or replace a Product unless Our cost exceeds the deductible applicable to the claimed Electronic Device.
If Your claimed Electronic Device requires an approved repair more than once within sixty (60) calendar days, service must be completed by the same service/ repair center as the original repair. Materials furnished as replacements for parts will be drawn from Our service /repair center’s inventory of new or rebuilt parts and components. In the event that replacement parts needed for repair cannot be attained within a period of thirty (30) days, We will proceed as provided on the “REPLACEMENT OPTION” section of this Service Contract. In neither event shall the Service Contract and/or Service Contract Provider be liable for any damages as a result of the unavailability of replacement parts.
Should We choose to replace Your failed or damaged Product because, either We are unable to repair Your Product, or the repair cost exceeds the current retail replacement value of Your Product, We either will:
- Replace Your Product with a new, refurbished, or recertified product of like kind and quality. While We will try to accommodate specific replacement preferences such as equipment color, cosmetics, or features, this request is not guaranteed. The value of the replacement product will not exceed the following: (i) the current retail replacement value of the claimed Product, or (ii) the applicable Limits of Liability, less (with respect any of the latter instances), (iii) the applicable deductible You paid. We will ship the replacement product to You; or
- Provide a settlement equal to the value of the replacement Product, not to exceed the following: the current retail replacement value of the claimed Product, or (iii) the applicable Limits of Liability, less (with respect to any of the latter instances), (iii) the applicable deductible You paid. You must send the claimed Product to one of Our service / repair centers before We send the settlement. Once We have confirmed receiving the Product, We will proceed with the settlement.
When You receive either the replacement product, or settlement, the damaged/unrepairable Product becomes Our property.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY:
|Up to 3|
|Up to 5|
|ANNUAL||Claim limit Number for any Electronic Device||Shall not exceed two (2) within any consecutive twelve (12) month period from the date of the first claim.||Shall not exceed two (2) within any consecutive twelve (12) month period from the date of the first claim.|
|PER CLAIM||Single Claim limit Amount||The most We shall pay, in respect to any one claim shall not exceed $1,000 or the current retail replacement value of the claimed Electronic Device of equal features and functionality, subject to the $1,000 maximum limit and less the applicable deductible per claim You paid.||The most We shall pay, in respect to any one claim shall not exceed $1,000 or the current retail replacement value of the claimed Electronic Device of equal features and functionality, subject to the $1,000 maximum limit and less the applicable deductible per claim You paid.|
|AGGREGATE||Electronic Device Claim limit||The maximum number of claims shall not exceed three (3) within any consecutive twelve (12) month period from the date of the first claim.||The maximum number of claims shall not exceed four (4) within any consecutive twelve (12) month period from the date of the first claim.|
|Electronic Device Claim limit amount||The most We shall pay shall not exceed $3,000 (less the applicable deductible per claim) within any consecutive twelve (12) month period from the date of the first claim for all claims during such twelve (12) month period pursuant to this Service Contract.||The most We shall pay shall not exceed $4,000 (less the applicable deductible per claim) within any consecutive twelve (12) month period from the date of the first claim for all claims during such twelve (12) month period pursuant to this Service Contract.|
Cancellation by You:
- You may cancel this Service Contract at any time for any reason by mailing a request for cancellation or calling Us at the following toll free number .
- If You cancel or do not renew Your subscriber service account with for any reason, including nonpayment, this constitutes cancellation of this Service Contract by You, subject to the terms and conditions of this Service Contract.
- If You cancel or do not renew Your subscriber service account with
Cancellation by Us.
- We may cancel this Service Contract within the first sixty (60) days for any reason. After sixty (60) days, We may only cancel this Service Contract for (1) nonpayment of the Service Contract Fee; (2) fraud or material misrepresentation; or (3) substantial breach of duties by You. If We cancel due to fraud, material misrepresentation or a substantial breach of duties by You, We will provide You with written notice, with the cancellation date and the reason for cancellation, at Your last known mailing at least thirty (30) days before cancellation.
Upon cancellation of this Service Contract by You or Us as provided above, coverage for the Products will immediately terminate and no claims may be filed under this Service Contract with respect to a Product no matter when the Product failed or was damaged.
This Service Contract does not cover the following electronic devices:
- Mobiles and/or wearables devices, such as smart watches, 3D sunglasses, among other electronic devices.
This Service Contract does not cover any loss, repair or replacement caused or resulting from:
- “Acts of God” (including, without limitation, flood, hail, lightning, earthquake, or storms);
- consequential, indirect or intentional damages;
- misuse, abuse, neglect (including when required maintenance is not performed as outlined by the manufacturer);
- cosmetic damage (including, without limitation, whenever such damage does not impair the overall functionality of the Product);
- services rendered by non-authorized repair personnel;
- rust, corrosion, insect infestation or fire;
- theft or burglary, mysterious disappearance, vandalism, transport, riot;
- environmental conditions, sand, dirt, failure or damage from exposure to weather conditions;
- loss, failure or damage to or of antennas, external housing, casings, or consumables (including Service Contract Holder’s replaceable batteries, belts, lights, knobs, buttons, etc.) that do not affect the mechanical or electrical function of the Product;
- loss or damage to stored data, repairs related to viruses, or software that is added after the original Product is purchased;
- “no problem found” diagnosis, any defects or failures that are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty or recall (no matter whether the manufacturer is in business or not);
- claims for any loss caused by the use of Product in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer;
- claims arising from any breach of implied or express warranties of Product merchantability or fitness from the manufacturer.
- Commercial use or any other use other than personal or household use.
- Electronic Devices held in inventory, as Your stock in trade, or Electronic Devices bought for and/or used in a commercial setting.
The service options listed above for Product repairs and replacements are only available for claim events in Puerto Rico.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE:
Service will be available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, and rendered during the regular working hours and workweek of the Product repair centers.
We will exercise reasonable efforts in providing service under this Service Contract, but We will not be liable for any damages arising out of delays; and in no event will We be liable due to any reason for any consequential damages.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Service Contract (including Service Contract Fee and Deductible) upon giving You at least thirty (30) days written notice prior to the date of renewal, subject to applicable provisions of law.
This Service Contract is not transferable.
Obligations of Assurant Services of Puerto Rico, Inc. under this Service Contract are guaranteed under a Service Contract reimbursement insurance policy. If Assurant Services of Puerto Rico, Inc. fails to pay or provide service on a claim within sixty (60) days after proof of loss has been filed, You are entitled to file a claim directly against the insurance company, Caribbean American Property Insurance Company, at the following address Torre Chardón, 350 Carlos Chardón Ave., Suite 1101, San Juan, PR, 00918, or call the Toll Free number at .